Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bremen - Vegesack and Grohn

Bremen is composed of many small areas. I live in Grohn. My school, Jacob's University (pronounced "YA-cobbs") is in Schonebeck-Grohn, close to a train. 20 minutes walking (5 by bus) is Vegesack where there is a Haven Hooft (a mall), tons of ship/boat motifs, and of course, the Harbor. 




And here is my street. This is what the houses look like here. (WOWZAS)


Here is a home business with the traditional Bremen Coat of Arms/signage.


Gorgeous entrance to Knoops Park, 1/4 mile from where I stay.


Knoops Park leads down towards the Lesum River...


...where there are park benches galore to sit


...and look out over the beautiful river (with wind energy mills in the background!)



Here are pictures of typical German residential street:

on the road to Vegesack

and near the park. 



5 comments:

  1. You are a very good blog writer! I wish I could come visit-Bremen looks absolutely gorgeous. I will live vicariously through your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful danielle! so good to see you before your journey. enjoy! until we meet again, jess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ridiculously gorgeous! OMG...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks beautiful! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't wait to visit you in this amazing land. Funny, too me I thought it would look completely different (which some of the pictures do) but some of them look familiar, like, you could tell me that one pic of a dock is a dock in Seattle and I'd probably believe you...

    I'm sure in like 2 months it is going to be completely different, because it will be covered in SNOW!

    ReplyDelete