Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Porto's Coast


The coast in Porto was absolutely beautiful. 
- 'twas the first time in months I'd been close to the ocean. It gave me a can-oner.


 The sea was such a deep shade of teal and the contrast of the fluffy white waves crashing up against the shoreline made for one coastal scene I don't want to forget.

The River Douro in Porto is home to many Port wine factories. 

And an impressive metal arch bridge, called the Luís I Bridge (Ponte Luís I) 

Fantastic ancient architectural wonders were sprinkled all over the streets of Porto.

Churches also ran a mighty tally all over Portugal. Duh. 

Behind me is an old "cheese castle". Also known as Forte de São Francisco Xavier, this castle was given the name of Castelo do Queijo because it is built in the top of a rock that resembles a "piece of cheese."

Inside the cheesiness with Louise and Joisa

No comments:

Post a Comment